How To Make Small Room Look Bigger – We are no strangers to the small living space in our home. Our home is on old Cape Cod, with all the amenities and “New England charm” we love. But we have rooms and suites that are smaller than your average apartment.
When we first saw the house, it was empty, so we didn’t realize how small it was until we added all our belongings and belongings. For example, our living room is 11 by 11 feet, and it’s definitely on the small side, especially since it’s the most used room in our house. Therefore, it is very important that we use every square inch of space without making the room crowded and cramped.
How To Make Small Room Look Bigger
So I’ve gotten pretty good at finding and creating spaces that don’t look like crap! Check out my tips and tricks to make a room look bigger, no matter how small.
Tips To Make A Small Room Look Bigger
1. Leave the room. This is the most important thing you can do to make your space look bigger! I can’t tell you how good it feels to have an open room. Get rid of things you don’t use or need. There is no need to have 100 different books, magazines, toys and clothes sitting around. To leave the rest, select a few options. Unnecessary clutter can make a room feel small and cramped, and make it difficult to move around.
2. Choose bright colors. Light colors reflect light, making a room feel bright and spacious, while dark colors block light, making a room feel small and closed. Choose bright colors for the main elements such as walls, floors and curtains. This leaves the room open. it’s the weather. Neutrals, pastels and light colors can make a room look bigger and more spacious.
3. Rearrange the furniture. By rearranging your furniture, you will find more space, open up the room, and make it easier to move. If a piece of furniture is not being used much in your room, remove it to free up space.
4. Let the light shine. If your room has large windows, don’t cover them with dark, heavy curtains or blinds. Open it up and let that natural light in! Extend your curtains to make your window look bigger by following this easy way to hang curtains. It really catches the eye and makes the room look bigger and longer. Or you can leave the window treatment on for a fresh, new look.
How To Make Small Spaces Look Bigger
5. Select and decorate. A room doesn’t need to be covered with pictures, books and decorations to be decorated. A few decorative accessories can help add a personal touch and bring some color to your space. Some bright colored items are definitely a must in the conversation.
6. Look for furniture that serves multiple purposes. Think differently. Just because the furniture is being sold as a property does not mean it cannot be used for another purpose. A bookcase can double as a TV, an ottoman and an end table. Furniture with hidden storage is also great because it helps keep your home organized and clutter-free.
7. Choose the right rug. A rug that is too small for a room can make the room look smaller. Ideally, the rug should be large enough to fit the front legs of furniture such as a bed or chair. A bright area rug allows the eye to travel from end to end of the room, making the room appear larger.
8. Use a mirror. Mirrors reflect light and images, which can make a small room seem larger, especially if placed in the right place. Mirrors not only make a room look bigger, but also add depth to the room and double as a beautiful decoration.
How To Make A Small Room Look Bigger (proven Trick!)
9. Try before you buy furniture. That king bed might look great in a big showroom, but when you bring it home you’ll find it takes up half of your living room! Save yourself money and heartache, and before you buy something, try it on first to make sure it will fit in your space. Look for chairs with a small profile to save space.
10. Add legs to your furniture. By raising the furniture off the floor, it makes the room feel more open and airy than if the furniture were on the floor. Check out this tutorial to see how to easily add legs to your chairs.
How can you make your small room bigger? Do you have any tips or advice to add to the list? Let me know in the comments! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter below to receive my weekly newsletter of fun DIY home decor ideas, craft tutorials, and free printables!
Hi, I’m Celeste! I am eager to help you simplify your home so you can live a clutter-free life. I truly believe that change can (and has) changed your life.
How To Make A Small Space Look Bigger
Decor by the Seashore is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Partner Program, an affiliate marketing program that provides opportunities for websites to earn advertising revenue by advertising and linking to amazon.com. June 12, 2023 Organic Architecture Cote d’Azur: Jacques Couvel Villa with New Kitchen extension by Margot Kuralnik
June 08, 2023 Remodeling 101: The Secret of Ceiling Fans (and Why We All Use Them) Sally Cohn
June 06, 2023 Steal This Look: A Pink and Green Kitchen in Holland by Alexa Hautz
June 05, 2023 An American in Paris: A New Collection of Penny Colin King’s Flowers By Julie Carlson
Simple Ways To Make A Small Living Room Look Bigger — Urdesignmag
June 05, 2023 Lesser Life: Silo Seeds, Afro, Flower Pots and More from German Hausa by Margot Kuralnik
June 02, 2023 House Calling: Exploding and Freezing – One of the Historic Haciendas in Calisteo, New Mexico by Margot Kuralnik
May 26, 2023 Great Room: Kai Avent-Dillion Turns Mobile Home into Modern Temple for Winston Lovers
May 25, 2023 Kitchen of the Week: Fan Winston Photographic ‘most iconic’ kitchen in the Hudson Valley
How To Make A Small Room Look Bigger: 101daysoforganization.org
May 23, 2023 Steal This Look: Dining Room in the Catskills, Shaker Print by Alexa Hatz
May 22, 2023 21 Memorial Day specials for group shopping (including student gifts)
When you sign up as a free member of the sites (Gardenista, and Organized Home), you get access to all the latest articles and 10 archived articles per month, our internal storage tool, and a community bulletin board.
For $5/month ($59.99 paid annually), you get unlimited, ad-free access to Gardenista and Organized Home and all the benefits of membership.
Foolproof Ways To Make Your Space Look (and Feel) Bigger
Excuse me! As a registered member you will receive 10 free articles from our database every 30 days (articles older than one year). You have reached the 30-day limit. If you want to get unlimited articles from the archives (also free), sign up today and read as many articles as you want.
Excuse me! You have reached your limit of three (3) free images from our database every 30 days. You can increase this by 10 points and become a free member or subscribe to a paid subscription to read unlimited articles without ads.
Congratulations on your subscription to Gardenista and Organized Home! Now you have access to the best products on this site:
Thank you for becoming a free member of Gardenista and The Organized Home! Now you have access to the best products on this site:
Tips For Making A Small Room Or Space Feel Bigger
If you want to sign up at any time and have unlimited, ad-free access to all of our content, go to the My Account link and select Sign Up. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission. This is how it works.
So you want to expand your small room? Yes, we got you. Since most of us are space dwellers, we’ve learned a thing or two about places that don’t knock down walls. In fact, easy ways to make a space look bigger don’t cost a ton, and some of our hacks are even free!
It’s mostly about reorganizing your space, getting rid of things you want to get rid of, thinking about your design, and starting some DIY. Oh and storage, you need to step up your storage game and make sure you have it (don’t worry we’ll discuss some ideas). So let’s get started and see how you can transform your small bedroom into a spacious, airy, clutter-free, peaceful…
If you want to make your small room bigger on a budget, decorating your room is something you can do for free. Now you may not have much room to play here, but we tend to
A Guide To Making Your Small Apartment Look Bigger
How to make your room look bigger, how to make small kitchen look bigger, how to make a small powder room look bigger, how to make living room look bigger, how to make small bathrooms look bigger, how to make small eyes look bigger, how to make your small room look bigger, how to make a room look bigger, how to make small house look bigger, how to make a small room look bigger with paint, how to make small lips look bigger, how to make small bedrooms look bigger
Hi, I am Erick Norman. A blogger specialist in Kitchen Design.